The Path of Innovation at UTMD Anderson
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
The Office for Strategic Industry Ventures
- To organize company pipeline presentations to assist faculty's efforts at staying abreast of industry efforts
- To foster faculty company interactions in order to promote collaboration
- To identify, negotiate, and manage strategic relationships
- To serve as a point of contact for information between academia and industry
- To coordinate internal financial support of commercial development of MD Anderson innovation
- Ferran Prat, PhD, JD, Vice President, (713) 792-7805, email@example.com
- Luetta Allen, PhD, Project Director, External Collaborations, (713) 563-3545, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Office of Technology Commercialization will assist faculty with:
- Invention disclosures
- Patent strategy
- License strategy
- Faculty consulting
Visit the WebsiteVisit Website
The Office of Technology Discovery will assist faculty with:
- Supporting innovation and discovery
- Helping to initiate invention disclosures
- Connecting faculty to the Office of Technology Commercialization
- Faculty consulting in entrepreneurship
- Gap funding of promising technologies
- Olivier Wenker, MD, MBA, Director of Technology Discovery, Professor of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, (713) 563-0936; email@example.com (note: this office will close on December 31, 2013)
- Hub of an active and growing life science cluster.
- Academic and research institutions connect with life science companies and service providers
- Become part of the community today and take advantage of a bi-weekly newsletter and job boards.
Visit the BioHouston WebsiteVisit BioHouston
- The largest technology business incubator and accelerator in Texas, advancing the commercialization of emerging technology companies in the greater Houston area.
- HTC serves as the nexus of new ideas, technological innovation, and entrepreneurship.
- Houston Technology Center works closely with entrepreneurs and startup companies providing them with in-depth strategic and tactical business guidance, fundraising advice, and connecting them to opportunities, allies, and capital.
- HTC assists Houston-based entrepreneurs within several key sectors: energy, information technology, life sciences, nanotechnology, and NASA/aerospace.
Visit the Houston Technology Center's WebsiteVisit Houston Technology Center
- Platform Houston is a community campus for accelerating talent and ideas.
- We are a home for problem solvers interested in biotechnology, software, education, or the Next Big Thing.
- We offer extensive resources including professional mentorship and seminars, technology workshops, and a friendly, collaborative atmosphere.
Visit The Platform Houston's WebsiteVisit Platform Houston
- Houston Angel Network offers the opportunity to form relationships with HAN members which could result in business opportunities
- The chance to view early stage companies which might need the sponsors services
- The ability to participate in HAN educational events and select social events
Visit the Houston Angel Network's WebsiteVisit Houston Angel Network
- Technology Transfer and Commercialization Office (TTO)